- This event has passed.
Spring Creek Kayak Tours
July 11 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Spring Creek Kayak Tours
Tour Length: 3 hours total, with an estimated 2.5 hrs of paddling. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. The hours listed include check-in, instruction, and check-out. Guides provide basic kayak skill and technique instruction, safety orientation, and kayaking on Spring Creek. Six (6) single kayaks & two (2) tandem kayaks are available per tour. Recreational kayaks, paddles and life jackets are provided. Participants may not use their own kayaks or paddles. If you bring a PFD from home, a tour guide will inspect it for safety.
- Must be at least 12 years old for single kayaks (275lbs. limit) and have an adult on the tour
- Possess an ability to swim without assistance
- Possess an ability to moderately paddle a kayak for 2.5 hours
- Sign a participant agreement and liability waiver form
- Participants must show up on time and be willing to follow instructions, commands, safety protocol, etc.
Cost: The cost is $25.00 per single person kayak and $40.00 per two person kayak (tandem), reservations can be made online. Please access oregonstateparks.org and go to the SHOP tab (on the top right corner), then click on the TOURS/EVENT tab to view reservation availability.
Description: Spring Creek Kayak Tours participants paddle upstream, against the current, to the headwaters, and return downstream. Tours pause often to point out interesting natural and cultural features. Paddling on Spring Creek is the perfect way to enjoy nature in a peaceful and tranquil environment. The creek is home to many types of wildlife, especially birds and waterfowl. This tour is great for kayakers of all levels.
What to bring:
- Water bottle filled with water (consider a snack for after)
- Sun protection (sunscreen, glasses, and a hat)
- Mosquito repellant
- Waterproof camera and/or binoculars
- Shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- Water proof or quick drying clothing (avoid cotton please)
- A change of dry clothes
- Gloves can help with paddling but are not necessary
- Emergency contact number that will not be on tour
- No pets on tours
Where to go: Collier Memorial State Park is located at 46000 Hwy 97 N in Chiloquin, OR 97624. Follow the signs to Collier Logging Museum, turning west off Highway 97, and proceed past the Logging Museum to Spring Creek Day-Use Area. Spring Creek Day-Use Area features parking, flush restroom facilities, and picnic tables. Take the foot path down to the creek to meet your tour guides.